Style embraces the side of design. Soft textures and colors, a tiny glimmer of light from candles and antique mirrors and, of course, florals all will include a romantic touch to your property. Whether you employ this to one room (might I suggest the bedroom? ) ) Or your entire house, you are going to be feeling more amorous in virtually no time.
Related: So Your Design Is: Romantic
Waterfall Ruffle Duvet Cover – $149
For intimate linens, look no further than cascading ruffles. Ruffles work on curtains bedding and table linens.
• Locate this duvet cover, curtains and more at Urban Outfitters.
• Search for shower curtains and other ruffled finds at Rian Rae.
Arched Mirror – $750
Smoky or classic mirrors add a feeling of history in addition to glamour. They are not just for hanging on the wall — attempt leaning mirrors or perhaps mirrored furniture.
• Browse the many antique mirror options at Horchow.
• Try these Crate & Barrel mirrors at a grid.
• There are lots of antiqued choices at West Elm.
Large Whitewashed Directoire-Style Chest – $699
Whitewashed wood provides a romantic touch to furniture and accessories alike. The worn patina pairs well with ruffles and other female touches.
• See more whitewashed furniture in Wisteria.
• Get mirrors and other amorous bits at Anthropologie.
• Decorative whitewashed wall decoration from Z Gallerie will match any intimate space.
Mercury Glass Candleholder – $15
Candlelit dinners are a cliché for a reason: Candlelight is only more amorous than bulbs. Even if you’re not using candles for light, a romantic room requires them to your own mantel, buffet, dresser or dining table.
• Check out these candlesticks from Ballard Designs.
• Find lots of antique-inspired designs in Candelabra.
Ada and Darcy
Custom Made Chippendale Bamboo Carver Chair – AUD 650
Floral rolls in cloths and backgrounds add a romantic air. If you are not in the market for new furniture, reupholster a piece you already possess in a flowery fabric.
• Get this chair at Ada and Darcy.
• Source amazing ecofriendly floral fabrics at Rubie Green.
• Attempt the fantastically bold florals in Furbish.
Farrow & Ball
For paint colors in a romantic residence, stick to airy and soft colors such as this pink. Pastels, hot grays and even shades of white could be romantic.
• Attempt this pink: Farrow & Ball Calamine.
• For a cool tone, go with Sherwin-Williams’ Light French Gray.
• For a hot neutral, use Benjamin Moore’s Swiss Coffee.
Capiz Flower Pendant – $199
Pretty lighting is a superb way to add a romantic feel to the space. You will want lots of soft lighting throughout your house so you may correct it if the mood strikes. Look for delicate details, floral themes and crystal.
• Get this and other romantic lighting in Pottery Barn.
• You will find lots of elegant options at Layla Grayce.
• Lamps Plus includes feminine table lamps.
More inspiration on amorous fashion:
Read photos of intimate rooms
Tell us Is your style intimate? Share a photo of your decoration below!